☝ Check the relevant links above for photos and details of my experience ☝
Experience in choir singing both classical and pop/jazz. Currently in Gospel choir called Gospel Helsinki. Can easily do harmonies and improvise. Interested both in singing in group/choir or solo. High soprano. Range from around C3 up to F6. Able to record remotely both video and audio. Feel free to contact in any music projects. Contact kati.kaarila (at) gmail.com or through my FB page/what’s app.
- Lead singer in a pop band and Back-up singer for a pop band 1997
- Church choir, Finland, Pornainen 2005-2007
- Church choir, Australia, Caboolture 2009
- Community choir, Australia, Brisbane 2011
- Helsingin Laulu choir, Finland, Helsinki 2014-2018
- Gospel Helsinki choir, Finland, Helsinki 2019-current
- Various other smaller performances/projects solo and with choirs 2014-current
- Suomen suurin virtuaalikuoro 2020
- Various other virtual choirs 2020
- Regular “Singing princess” gigs mainly for kids, 2021
- 18 credit units in Sibelius Academy/Taide yliopisto – folk, pop and classical music history basics, jazz singing basics, Afro-American music harmony and rhythm basics, elderly people music pedagogic course
- 2/3 Music theory, Open university, Sibelius Academy
- Jazz/pop music individual singing lessons 4 years
- Classical music individual singing lessons 4 years
- Various music courses through Coursera.org with certificate – Songwriting, Introduction to guitar, Developing your musicianship Chord chart, diatonic chords and minor keys 2015-2016
- Piano lessons here and there through out the years – self taught to play to assist singing/practising (not a piano player!)
- Currently on “Piano free accompaniment” course in Helsingin Työväenopisto (2020- current)
During corona time all musicians have had to adjust the way they practise, collaborate and make music together.
I have been part of a few projects which I have enjoyed so much. They have also taught me so much about singing, about solidarity and that we truly are one world and we can do so many good things together if we just join our forces.
Kati & Will “projects”
Me and my colleague musician Will from UK have done quite a few projects together (and with a few other musicians in the company especially now during covid-19 time).
This was created as company fundraiser for a spring festival in August 2020 (virtual of course ).
It worked out quite nice with me in the melody and choir and Will on the guitar.
Gospel Helsinki – My choir
We created this video to pass on the message of Gospel during these times. Like many choirs we have made the decision to move our 20 year anniversary concert one year forward. Singing will not cease on the contrary we will be looking at new exciting ways to rehearse!
Suomen suurin Virtuaalikuoro – “Largest Virtual choir of Finland”
Finlandia hymn in the honour of the war veterans on the Veteran’s day of Finland 27.4.2020. Requested by the State Council.
Pidä Huolta – “Take care” first project when corona virus time began to lift the spirit up and sing together.
Kevät ja minä – “Spring and me” requested by the Ministry of education for the school year ending celebrations since we were not able to attend to any festivities.
Keep on Dreaming – This was a worldwide collaboration and I enjoyed the song so much. Especially making the video and empathizing with the emotion as this was done very early in the covid-19 time, but took a while before it was published. You can spot me around 0:28-0:37 seconds starting from the right hand middle corner.
We have done some collaboration with my colleague during corona time. He is in UK and I am here in Finland. We got some more songs coming up so stay tuned and watch my Soundcloud channel. First one was a fundraiser for Kilimanjaro, but that is not publishable 😉
This however is Angel (Sarah McLachlan cover) and just my colleague William Morris on the guitar and me singing.
Found this old cover of Bronislau Kaper’s piece Invitation recorded during my singing lessong. Wanted to share it because the melody is so catchy and mellow. Good old jazz standards!
The Collective Virtual choir
I just love this virtual choir and the spirit they have. So many different countries and ages. The first project I was involved with was a song called “One Voice”.
If you wish to join the choir please check The Collective Virtual choir FB page for more info
👇 Click the relevant links below for photos and details of my experience 👇